School orders welcome - Terms 30 days credit

Children's Songs, Plays, Musicals & Assemblies. Ages 2 to 11+

Performance Licence

In order to perform most of the plays and musicals advertised on this website, you will need to buy a 'Performance Licence' directly from us.

See below for full details and FAQ.

Before you purchase, please complete the two text boxes below, stating the name of your organisation and the name of the ONE Learn2soar production that this licence will cover. Then select the tick box and then 'Add to Basket'. Complete the checkout process and you are instantly covered for one year (starting from the date of licence purchase).

Performance Licence

Physical Options

  • 1 Year FULL PRICE Performance Licence

Product total: £0.00

Select Currency:

Name & Postcode Of Your Establishment

Name Of Musical


In order to perform most of the products advertised on this website, you will need to buy a 'Performance Licence'. This is a legal requirement. We are the ONLY providers of the particular licence that you require to perform our songs / plays / musicals / nativities. Our licence prices start from just £10, which we believe to be one of the lowest prices around. (Please note, this special price is only available to customers who purchase their licence along with the product that the licence is to cover, from the relevant product page. i.e. not this page).

FREE LICENCES: Currently, no licence is required in any of the following circumstances:

  • SELECTED TITLES: 'The Little Black Cloud' & all 'Assembly Titles' & 'Song Collections' – You can currently perform these titles without having to purchase a licence, provided the use is educational and non-profit making. However, if your use is non-educational or is a profit-making endeavour, then please purchase a full-priced licence from this page.

  • USE AS A TEACHING AID OR PERSONAL LISTENING / VIEWING: No licence is required if you have purchased one of our musicals / nativities for personal listening, or for use as a teaching aid with a group of children WITHIN A CLOSED SETTING ONLY I.e. no parents watching / no audience or congregation of any description.

  • ACT OF WORSHIP: No licence is required if you intend to only use one or two songs as part of an act of worship within a church service or a school assembly. However, in this circumstance no script use is allowed whatsoever.

In ALL other cases, you are required by law to obtain a performance licence from us, and renew it on an annual basis, as and when the musical / nativity is performed again in future years. Therefore, if you intend to use our material to stage ANY type of public performance, using any part of one of our musicals or nativities, however small, regardless of whether an admission fee is charged or not, regardless of the age/ability of the children, and even if the performance is 'only for parents', than you MUST buy a licence from us. This is a legal requirement worldwide* and applies to all types of schools, churches, nurseries, preschools, children's groups, etc. *(In the UK via the 'Copyright, Designs & Patents Act 1988', and Worldwide via the 'Berne Convention' and the 'World Intellectual Property Organisation').

PRICES: If you buy your licence at the same time as you buy your play / musical, then you can get your licence at half price. To purchase your half-price licence DO NOT USE THIS PAGE. Instead, please visit the webpage of the product you're interested in and select the "plus half-price licence" option. HOWEVER, if you are a returning customer who has already bought the CD/download concerned, then the half-price option is no longer available to you. Instead, please click on the ‘Add to basket’ button above to purchase the full priced licence.

ORDERING: You can buy your full price licence now by clicking on the 'Add to basket' button above. Before you click on the ‘Add to basket’ button please use the input boxes to type in the name of your establishment and the title of the ONE Learn2soar musical that the licence is to cover. Proceed through the checkout process and you are instantly covered. UK based schools can also use this method to pay by school invoice, with the invoice option appearing on the final checkout page.

LIFETIME LICENCES: Previously we offered an option to purchase a 'Lifetime Licence' for some our musicals. However, as of January 2019 this special-offer is no longer available. Any lifetime licences purchased prior to this date will of course be honoured, allowing the purchasing body to perform that one musical as many times as required, at any point in the future, without limit. But, from January 2019 onwards, only 'one-year (annual) performance licences' will be available and will need to be re-purchased year on year (as required) to allow you to re-perform any of our works.

USER LICENCES: From August 2020 many of our publications will have a single licence that combines our annual performance licences with a basic annual user licence (for further info, click here: user / site licence). Therefore, any single annual licence renewal on this page will renew both your performance licence and basic user licence for a further 12 month period, commencing from the date of renewal. Please note that renewals will only be allowed when ordered by the same buyer as the original purchase and when the publication is to be used in the exact same establishment as it was originally used in.



"Does my licence cover ALL the musicals I purchase from Learn2soar Music?": Sorry, but no. Each performance licence is applicable to ONE publication only. Therefore, you will require separate licences for each play / musical that you purchase.

"Does my licence cover musicals I purchase from other companies, or other websites?": Sorry ,but no. We can only provide licences for publications that we own the copyright to. Therefore, any Learn2soar Performance Licence you order, will only cover that one particular Learn2soar play / musical.

"Obtaining a licence doesn't apply to us- does it?": Yes, it probably does. Every time any establishment (including any school / nursery / playgroup / church / charity / club / children's group etc…) puts on a performance of an original musical / dramatic work, the establishment is required by law to obtain the permission (licence) of the writer or publisher to allow them to do so. Usually, the writer / publisher requires a small fee for this privilege. Learn2soar Limited are the sole licensing representatives of its composers / writers / performers. Therefore, according to the law you must obtain a licence from us to perform any one of our musicals / productions. (Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988)

"We're not based in the UK, does it still apply to us?": Yes it does. Although this page refers to UK law, the same copyright terms exist in law in just about every other major country worldwide, due to the 'Berne Convention' and the 'World Intellectual Property Organisation'. This entitles Learn2soar Limited (UK) to royalties for any performance that takes place in any of the 164 countries signed up to the convention. For further details please click here.

"We've already got a performance licence": Sorry, but if it's not issued by Learn2soar Limited then you don't have one. Learn2soar Limited are the only providers of the particular licence you require to stage one of our plays / musicals.

"Why do we need to get a performance licence anyway? It's not going to matter to anyone": Two good reasons to get a performance licence: 1) You'll be breaking the law if you don't get one. And if you are found to have staged a performance without a licence then you could face a heavy fine. 2) Performance licences are a valuable source of income for composers / writers / performers. If you are using and enjoying their creative works, isn't it fair to give them what they're due?

"Do you check if we have a licence?": Yes, we do. As a result of our annual compliance checks, various schools, nurseries & children's groups around the world (who have performed our material without permission) have been fined. Please don't let this happen to you, by simply buying your licence now.

"We're only performing to the parents and we're not charging for admission - do we still need a licence?": Yes, you do. The law still classes it as a performance, and so do we, so a performance licence is required.

"We already have a licence agreement with the PRS / MCPS / CLA (or other organisation)": That doesn't apply in this situation, as Learn2soar Limited is not a member of the Performing Rights Society or any similar body worldwide. Learn2soar Limited (UK) are the ONLY providers of the particular licence required to stage one of our products. Performance licences issued by any other organisation do not apply under any circumstance.

"What about our agreement with CCLI (Christian Copyright Licensing International)": CCLI licence you to print / display / copy / share song lyrics and sheet music. Please DO inform them if you copy / print / display or share any of our song lyrics or sheet music. However, you still need a performance licence as well. Learn2soar Limited are the only providers of the performance licence you require to stage one of our publications.

"We've changed a lot of the script? We're only using one of the songs? Etc": If you are using ANY part of our publication, songs or scripts, to stage any type of performance, however small, then a full-priced performance licence is still required.

"No one will know if we don't get a performance licence": You may be right but please note that in the past, various establishments have been prosecuted / fined for not having correct licences in place! Please don't let this happen to you. And please note that we DO often end up finding out about performances that have taken place without a licence being issued. (For example, via a parent calling to ask for songs / scripts for their child, or via parent's social media posts). In such cases we are entitled to impose a fine and to invoice for the maximum licence fee due.

"We want to record the children's performance onto CD / DVD / video / online subscription - to sell to parents to raise money for school funds, do we need to purchase an additional licence?": Yes, a recording rights licence is required. but in some circumstances this is free. For full details click here.

"Part of our performance is being broadcast on local radio / TV / . YouTube / online streaming - do we need another licence?": None of our products (or any part of any of our songs / plays - however small) may be broadcast or openly shared online in any way, shape or form without the express permission of Learn2soar Limited. If permission is given then it is usually granted via the form of various licences: Firstly, the performing establishment needs to ensure that they have a standard performance licence (issued by Learn2soar Limited), as well as a Recording Rights Licence (issued by Learn2soar Limited) where appropriate.  In addition, if a TV / radio broadcaster or film company is involved and wishes to record / broadcast / distribute any aspect of any of our publications, or if any print media company wishes to use any aspect of any of our publications in any newspaper / magazine or online publication, then that media organisation will need to obtain special permission from Learn2soar Limited (which may or may not be given depending on the nature of the broadcast / distribution / publication). If permission is granted then the media organisation concerned will have to pay royalties to Learn2soar Limited. Please contact us for details.

Great value for money
"Having bought licenses from many different companies over the years for all sorts of shows and productions, I must say that this is the best licensing service I've come across. The fact that you just add it to your basket without having to fill out tonnes of forms is the height of common sense. Why can't all licensing bodies be like this??? Moreover, the lifetime license option is fantastic value for money. The last time I bought a one-off licence from a different company it was nearly £40 for two performances. So, to get a completely unlimited lifetime license for £35 is stunning value. I now heartily recommend Learn2soar to all my colleagues and friends in other schools. MESSAGE FROM LEARN2SOAR: New customers please note that as of 01/02/2019 all 'Lifetime Licence' offers have been removed from sale. However, we still believe that our one year (annual) licences are the best-priced on the market."
by Sue Harris

Do you need help?
"If there is anything on this page that you don't understand, or if you're not sure about your circumstances, then please do get in touch with us, at any time of the day or night. We're always happy to help. Just click on the 'Contact Us' link, in the top right corner of any page."
by Customer Service