School orders welcome - Terms 30 days credit

Children's Songs, Plays, Musicals & Assemblies. Ages 2 to 11+

Performance Licence

Please scroll down for Performance Licence details and FAQ.

Performance Licence

Physical Options

  • 1 Year FULL PRICE Performance Licence
  • Unlimited Lifetime Performance Licence

Product total: £0.00

Select Currency:

Name & Postcode Of Your Establishment

Name Of Musical


In order to perform most of the products advertised on this website, you will need to buy a 'Performing Rights Licence'. This is a legal requirement. We are the ONLY providers of the particular licence that you require to perform our songs / plays / musicals / nativities. Our licence prices start from just £10 which we believe to be among the cheapest in the UK. (Please note, this special price is only available to customers who purchase their licence along with the product that the licence is to cover, from the relevant product page. i.e. not this page).

FREE LICENCES: No licence at all is required in any of the following circumstances:

  • 'O Come All Ye Faithful', 'The Little Black Cloud', 'The Fairytale Land Nativity Show', 'Christmas Play In One Day' – You can currently perform these products completely free of charge.

  • Assembly / Song Collection products – There is no need to purchase a performance licence for any of our assembly / song collection products.

  • No licence is required if you have purchased one of our musicals with the aim of just having something to listen to, or to have something to sing along to, either on your own or with a group of children within a closed setting (i.e. no parents watching / no audience or congregation of any description).

  • No licence is required if you have purchased one of our musicals with the aim of just using one or two songs only as part of an act of worship within a church service or a school assembly.

In ALL other cases, you are required by law to obtain a performing rights licence from us. Therefore, if you intend to use our material to stage ANY type of public performance, using any part of one of our products, however small, regardless of whether an admission fee is charged or not, regardless of the age/ability of the children, and even if the performance is 'only for parents', than you must buy a licence from us. This is a legal requirement worldwide* and applies to all types of schools, churches, nurseries, preschools, children's groups, etc. *(In the UK via the 'Copyright, Designs & Patents Act 1988', and Worldwide via the 'Berne Convention' and the 'World Intellectual Property Organisation').

PRICES: If you buy your licence at the same time as you buy your play / musical, then you can get your licence at half price. To purchase your half price licence DO NOT USE THIS PAGE, instead please visit the webpage of the product you're interested in and select the "plus half price licence" option. HOWEVER, if you are a returning customer who has already bought the CD concerned, then the half price option is no longer available to you. Instead, please click on the ‘Add to basket’ button above to select the type of full priced licence that you want:

  • 1 YEAR UNLIMITED LICENCE. (As many performances as you want of any ONE particular product within one year from the date of purchase) = £20

  • LIFETIME LICENCE. (Entitling you to stage as many performances as you want from any ONE particular Learn2soar product – this year and any other year indefinitely) = £35

ORDERING: You can buy your full price licence now by clicking on the 'Add to basket' button above. Before you click on the ‘Add to basket’ button please choose the type of licence you want AND use the field input boxes to type in the name of your establishment and the title of the ONE musical that the licence is to cover. If you don’t want to buy online then instead you can contact us by phone / fax / email / post (please see our ‘How To Order’ page). Official orders from UK educational establishments are also welcome. (Terms: 30 days credit).



"It doesn't apply to us- does it?": Yes it probably does. Every time any establishment (including any school / nursery / playgroup / church / charity / club / children's group etc…) puts on a performance of an original musical / dramatic work, the establishment is required by law to obtain the permission (licence) of the writer to allow them to do so. Usually, the writer requires a small fee for this privilege. Learn2soar Limited are the sole licensing representatives of its composers / writers. Therefore, according to the law you must obtain a licence from us to perform any one of our musicals / productions. (Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988)

"We're not based in the UK, does it still apply to us?": Yes it does. Although this page refers to UK law, the same copyright terms exist in law in just about every other major country worldwide, thanks to the 'Berne Convention' and the 'World Intellectual Property Organisation'. This entitles Learn2soar Limited (UK) to royalties for any performance that takes place of one of our works in any of the 164 countries signed up to the convention. For further details please click here.

"We've already got a performance licence": Sorry, but if it's not issued by Learn2soar Limited then you don't have one. Learn2soar Limited are the only providers of the particular licence you require to stage one of our musicals.

"Why do we need to get a performance licence any way? It's not going to matter to anyone": Two good reasons to get a performance licence: 1) You'll be breaking the law if you don't get one. (Copyright, Designs & Patents Act 1988) If you are found to have staged a performance without a licence then you could face a heavy fine. 2) Performance licences are a valuable source of income for composers / writers. If you are using and enjoying their music isn't it fair to give them what they're due?

"Do you check if we have a licence?": Yes we do. As a result of compliance checks last year, several schools / nurseries / children's groups around the world who performed our material without permission were fined. Please don't let this happen to you, by simply buying your licence now.

"We're only performing to the parents and we're not charging for admission - do we still need a licence?": Yes you do. The law still classes it as a performance, so a performance licence is required.

"We already have a licence agreement with the PRS / MCPS": That doesn't apply in this situation, as Learn2soar Limited is not a member of the Performing Rights Society or any similar body worldwide. Learn2soar Limited (UK) are the ONLY providers of the particular licence you require to stage one of our products.

"What about our agreement with CCLI (Christian Copyright Licensing International)": CCLI only licence you to print / display / photocopy song lyrics and sheet music. Please DO inform them if you photocopy / print / display or share any of our song lyrics or sheet music - however, you still need a performing rights licence as well. Learn2soar Limited are the only providers of the particular licence you require to stage one of our musicals.

"No one will know if we don't get a performance licence": You may be right but please note that in the past educational establishments and churches have been prosecuted / fined for not having correct licences in place! Please don't let this happen to you. And please note that we DO often end up finding out about performances that have taken place without a licence being issued. In such cases we are entitled to impose a fine and to invoice for the maximum licence fee due.

"We want to record the children's performance onto CD / DVD / video, to sell to parents to raise money for school funds, do we need to purchase an additional licence?": Yes, a recording rights licence is required. but in some circumstances this is free. For full details click here.

"Part of our performance is being broadcast on local radio / TV - do we need another licence?": None of our products (or any part of any of our songs / plays - however small) may be broadcast in any way, shape or form without our express permission. Therefore for a broadcast to go ahead, the performing school / establishment only needs to make sure that they have a standard performance licence (issued by Learn2soar Limited), however the broadcaster needs to obtain special permission from Learn2soar Limited (which may or may not be given depending on the nature of the broadcast). If permission is granted then the broadcaster will have to pay royalties to Learn2soar Limited, based on current 'licence fees for commercial music' rates.

Great value for money
"Having bought licenses from many different companies over the years for all sorts of shows and productions, I must say that this is the best licensing service I've come across. The fact that you just add it to your basket without having to fill out tonnes of forms is the height of common sense. Why can't all licensing bodies be like this??? Moreover, the lifetime license option is fantastic value for money. The last time I bought a one-off licence from a different company it was nearly £40 for two performances. So, to get a completely unlimited lifetime license for £35 is stunning value. I now heartily recommend Learn2soar to all my colleagues and friends in other schools."
by Sue Harris

Do you need help?
"If there is anything on this page that you don't understand, or if you're not sure about your circumstances, then please do get in touch with us, at any time of the day or night. We're always happy to help. Just click on the 'Contact Us' link, in the top right corner of any page."
by Customer Service